Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Tucson smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total command of your Tucson home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and find suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Tucson help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular functionality for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or recorded video from all linked security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Tucson by setting schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Tucson
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and submit the information to deliver an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Tucson security system. Dial (520) 655-6492 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.